Friday, August 17, 2012

Our Lobster Pots Runneth Over!



I have shared so often the joys of the amazing bounty we have been blessed with in our kitchens…
All types of wonderful vegetables, fruits, honey and herbs from the Gardens and neighboring Markets.
But now I get to share that this past week…our Pots runneth over with the Bounty from the Seas!


A little bit of home (New England for me) was flown out to Ohio this week and we got to share the simple joy of an old fashioned Lobster Bake in this week’s classes.  A Lobster Bake you cannot dress up!  When you prepare Little Neck Clams, Rustic Corn and Clam Chowder, Steamed Lobsters (in seaweed of course), Roasted Corn, Roasted Redskins….and the always favorite of Boston Baked Beans prepared in the ground…YOU GET MESSY, deliciously, wonderfully messy.  We were covered with seafood, lemon, butter and a little smoke!  

It was wonderful fun, delicious, (did I say messy?).  A few of the required mosquitoes did show up, as well as the magical fire flies…It was wonderful.  A few pictures to share with you of magical fun.
Today my heart runneth over, and that is sincere.  I love what I get to do, to teach, and to share.
May your heart, and table runneth over with the joy that great food, family and friends delivers.
What a way to ride out of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment