Friday, April 5, 2013

Family – Friends – Food – a perfect Trifecta!



Let's pretend to work at the Kitchens Bounty…..please!
(yes a true statement!)

Okay this week I ran the entire spectrum of fun.  It is Easter/Spring Break and I got to play more than I normally do!  I emerged myself in the world of being a kid, an excited kid!  My grandkids with their parents, met me down at Marco Island Florida and they came a packing…their KB Aprons that is.  Honestly, what fun, we did some real cooking, real fishing (not a lot of luck!), real birthday celebration…and then the last evening the magic just exploded with the little ones all donning their cook’s apron and the roles flew.
 They were waiters, fishermen, cooks, servers and food critics.  There were smiles, laughs, tears (Ava with “Owen took my Dad Towel!”)…but mostly, the delicious ingredient of love was ladled freely. 
I am sure that great food and conversation around a table is love, but the magic that happens in the kitchen, the team ship…is that any less exciting?  My friends tell me with certainty that, “the table is where it happens”, oh but those certain guest…with all the kids, “celebrate the kitchen”.  So as always when the Kitchens Bounty is involved, you get to choose – the kitchen, the table, the food, or all three!

For me, I am thinking there is a reason I use the word “Trifecta” so often, to name products, to build recipes, to describe taste.  I do like multiples.  Examples of Trifecta deliciousness included:

Herbed Breadsticks
…I admit it!...these breadsticks popped out of a tube (you know the ones) but the delicious dusting of our Amazing Herbes just developed the taste, made the smell heavenly, and the fact that it was one of the kids who exclaimed I know what to do, let’s use the Amazing Herbes” – YES, REALLY!
Herbed Popcorn was the snack of choice as we packed our picnic for the magnificent Sunset at Marco, popcorn prepared simply, sprinkled lightly with the Amazing Herbes and tossed (imagine how delicious that 35% Romano/Parmesan Blend tasted…no salt needed!).  For over the top I like to finish with a little Truffle Oil, but that was not the case in this picnic…the kids were in control!
Heated Brats???... I didn’t think so – but this experiment rocked!  In an overzealous bid to use all of “Memeres stuff” the Amazing Heat was sprinkled on a few Brats…even I debated this, but that taste, well we just might have to add that to the recipe book.
Family – Friends – Food – a perfect Trifecta!
Joy friends,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment