Friday, June 8, 2012

COFFEE...it really is an ART!


Coffee…it really is an art
I love coffee.  It is more than a hot beverage to me, it greets me in the morning, it comes with a sense of roots (a part of my family’s tradition), it comes as a time of rest (that break in the day), but for me in my love of all culinary, it comes as “the signature” to a great dining experience. 
When a great cup of coffee arrives at my table in a restaurant….I can always sense (or taste) if this establishment cared about the coffee - the selection, the presentation and most especially a rich robust but smooth taste!
At the Kitchens Bounty, we truly care about our coffee….I want to share the adventures of finding that perfect brew for our Kitchen, our Table and our Customers.
 (check out photo gallery http://www.thekitchensbounty.com/gallery16_adventures_in_coffee.html)

The search was on for a Specialty House Blend that we would create with a Local Artisanal Roaster of exquisite coffee beans.  With this goal in mind, we found ourselves in the Test Kitchen with just such a person, Julie Spitzley of  Storm Mountain Coffee Roasters located right here in Huron, Ohio!  As a prelude we invited Julie to join us at the Kitchens Bounty, we discussed blends, taste preferences, preparation style (we both love French Press!) and the ultimate goal:
 A coffee that delivers depth, richness, character, and full-body with a velvet delivery.
Yes, I know that is a very tall order!
So we strapped ourselves in, and began a marathon tasting of 10 specialty blends, each of which we “really tasted”. At the conclusion of our tastings, we did arrive (although somewhat AMPED UP!)
The results can now be tasted at the Kitchens Bounty classes, at our future demos/tastings, and soon available for purchase in our Custom 1lb bags….What a way to start the day or end it!
Enjoy my fellow coffee lovers….here is some delicious new fuel for your days and the perfect signature to a great dining experience.  We have arrived!


No comments:

Post a Comment