Friday, June 15, 2012

A Fathers Day Love Note....


Father’s Day… a Love note to the men in our life!
Can you really write a love note on a towel?  I think so!  I believe by now my friends get it…my entire creative thoughts on food are inspired by love. Yeah, really!   Sometimes it is love of people, memories and roots, and sometimes we are inspired by the passion of a garden or a setting.  But today, I celebrate in sharing that I am inspired this weekend, by the Love of Dad’s.  Father’s Day is a great time to reflect on all those men in our life that are Dad’s … our Fathers, our Father in Laws, our Brothers, our Sons….all of the men who call themselves Dads and behave like one!   I used to think my Dad was my hero (he was!), then I saw my husband as a Dad and he became the hero(he is!)….and then….my breathe was taken away by seeing my own son as a Father.  Wow - Life has an amazing way of repeating itself!!!
We take our celebration of Dad’s seriously….as evidenced by our very cool “Dad Towels”… What is it?..An oven mitt, a napkin and a hand towel all in one!  The Dad Towel derives its name from the Dad of the house who, no matter the occasion or the task, always preferred a dish towel to a linen napkin, “they are just more useful” was the cry!  So we adopted the useful towel/napkin, oven mitt.  We don’t just sell them, use them or display them on Father’s Day…but all year long.
 They are a little funny, a little “tongue in cheek” but at the end of the day they are wonderfully reliable…and a true nod to those Dad’s we love…and they do remain my favorite love note to the men in my life!  HAPPY FATHER’S DAYS….may your tables be filled with fine food, family and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment