Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Do these jeans make me look fat????


 Ladies (guys)….you know that question, you know that feeling.  It is loaded isn’t it?  When asked by a friend, you feel trapped, when asked by a spouse…well gentlemen; you just know there is trouble no matter how you answer! 
Well I am going to share that I had a little of that feeling as the Kitchens Bounty was a guest vendor displaying our wares at the CVI event in Milan Ohio this past weekend.  It was a thrill to meet the many guest chefs and the “Food Network Personalities” that were in attendance.  Actually, with the wonderful impressive guests that were our neighboring exhibitors, I did feel a little like the “Beverly Hillbillies”!  Okay, hands down …. They all had bigger, better, more deluxe “grills” than we did.  It was a showdown and our “Target Grills” were not even in the competition….but we knew that heat is heat, and great food is great food…so we were still in this thing!

But the moment that caused me to pause, was when our exhibit was visited by  Madison Cowan, a seasoned pro from the series “Chopped” , and the first ever “Chopped Grand Champion”, and someone I happened to really admire. This gentleman is used to cooking under extreme pressure.  As Madison stepped up to our exhibit he shared with me, that he was a straight shooter (my term), he couldn’t lie.  If he liked our food, he would let us know….but if it wasn’t good, he would let us know that too.
He just wasn’t going to lie about it…he just doesn’t do that. GULP
With a smile, and all the confidence that my Target hot plate could inspire….I invited him to sample the “Seared Salmon with Pineapple (seasoned with our own Amazing Rub)”….he accepted and I waited for the tasting, the thinking, …..the pondering.  When he finally looked me in the eye and announced “it is phenomenal”, I could breathe.   Wow, that’s cool.  No worries, Good answer!
Now about these jeans????  No never mind, let’s just stick with the food! and the food was looking good!


1 comment:

  1. Wow Terri! The compliment from Madison Cowan was phenomenal too! Just goes to show, while all the "window dressing" is nice, what matters is in that first (and second and third) bite! You got it going on! And once again, this picture is making me drool....at 7 am...I could do this dish for breakfast! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete