Monday, May 2, 2011

Four Star Menu should get five stars********

Hello friends,....wow, just finished up the Four Star menu classes in South Carolina and had a fabulous week.
We had lots of fun with the 5 course meal preparation which actually included 8 dishes (recipes).   At one point I was sweating so furiously that I think I appeared to be one of the dishes - not a good look!  But there were two star dishes of the evening and I am going to post them here, the wonderful Crown Caesar Salad...virtually a very traditional Caesar Salad but with such an attitude, and then there was the melt in the mouth Chocolate Souffle with Chocolate Carmel Sauce and triple cream....should someone just make this illegal?  Had a great time with my friend Suzanne Galloway owner of the Hobnob in Harstville South Carolina who continues to fill her house every evening I am in town.  I look forward to many more of these evenings and meeting new fellow foodies.  Have to mention that while in SC I experienced my first BBQ cook off, no I didn't cook.  It would be a little ridiculous for this frenchie to try and compete in the arena of the "Pork Butt" but the melt in your mouth delicious taste that I experienced will not be forgotten.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment